Timeline

MY TIMELINE: CLICK ON ICON BELOW TO OPEN (and close).

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2 Finally A Victory worth Celebrating...


I have been crying for half an hour now, Its the first time in a couple of years that I have cried happy tears!
The verdict is in.. The Norwegian patient injury compensation has come to the conclusion that I am entitled to compensation and that the hospitals are responsible for my current state..
I will get money for lost income over the last 2 years, and for what I will loose in future incomes.
They will pay for medicine, physiotherapy, doctors, and transportation.
If I get a permanent medical disability of at least 15%, then I will be compensated for the loss of "social life" and the exclusion from society because of the treatment injury.
They will also pay fro my lawyer so that I can get help with this. I will probably not understand half of this and a lawyer will help me get  a fair compensation.
But It would probably take a while before we reach the finish line.

I always new I had a strong case, but still, you always wonder, and I feel like the world has been lifted of my shoulders. I don't have to worry about the future anymore. I know that I at least don't have to be up all night worrying about the future. I will never get my life the way it was, but this will help me get a normal as possible life.
This was really the greatest CHRISTMAS GIFT I have ever gotten. What if I hadn't won the case? Then 2011 would have been my worst year.
I am still in shock, I still cant belive that I was right. It wasn't my fault. And now I know that we patients can win against a system that favors doctors over patients....
And thanks to you out there who have supported me, and listened to my pain, anger and now relief. It has meant the world to me.
Hopefully we will begin a new adventure in 2012, and see if I cant get the help that I now know I am entitled to!


2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to hear your news!! I too am awaiting the verdict from the NPE. But I am sure I too will win my case. My doctors from day 1 admiited they made major medical mistakes in my current situation. More than once also, maybe as many as ten. It started in april 2011 and I am still in Haukeland Hospital in Bergan, as I type this, april 2012 dealing with the outcomes of the doctors "first" mistake back in 2011, and the many medical mistakes over the past year. Today, april 2012, one of my surgeons spoke with me that their hope and plans are to do a "final" surgery april 23 or 24, 2012. But my husband and I, know the risks are high that if they make ANY mistakes between now and then I will have deadly prognosis. The surgeons plan is to use my own stem cells to implant back into my remaining small piece of my sternum. IF there are any bad cells in that bone then the stem cells will multiply as "bad" cells. BUT if they are all good cells then I will have multiplication of the good cells and might get healthy new sternal bone to grow.
    I am happy the original surgeon quit his job here at haukeland after his mistake was found out. Unfortunately he is purported to be practicing now at a hospital in Oslo. I pray Alex that you NEVER get treatment by this dr. Faneløp. Look out for that doctor!!!!
    Again, I am happy for you but no amount of money will EVER give us back the health we had before these medical doctors made mistakes causing us pain and quality of life in hell while living.
    I am happy they have apologized and admitted fault and now are listening to me and helping me get well. I have been in haukeland since february 1, 2012. I want to go home!!! I am tired of fighting to live and living in the hospital instead of at my cabin my the sea with my husband.

    ReplyDelete