Timeline

MY TIMELINE: CLICK ON ICON BELOW TO OPEN (and close).

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1 Why Esophagus Spasms occur and how they feel....

Some people around me wonder how it is to have esophagus spasms.
I know with 100% that it is coming when my voice becomes hoarse, scratchy or i loose it completely. And it is not funny when my voice starts acting up, and I am somewhere that I cant lie down, or take painkillers.
At first I thought that the botox had done it to me, because the first month my voice was hoarse the entire time. But then I started to see a pattern that every time I had a different voice, the esophagus spasms started within 20 min.
Its not always like this, I can get spasms without notice. I can be resting at home or at the mall. But as the textbook says, stress is the worst thing for us with spasms. And that is so true, even though its not easy to calm you're self down in every situation.
I guess that in time I do have to learn some stress reliving exercises.

And having the esophagus spasms is a little different each time. Its like this burning sensation, but also like you have cramps in the leg on top. Have you ever had a cramp in your muscles ? Well the esophagus spasms is pretty much like that, but you have the burning feeling in addition.
But it can also feel like this big lump in the throat,as if something is stuck. And sometimes the food is actually stuck. Then it helps drinking a lot of water. But this happen very rarely to me. Most of the time only because I don't chew the food good enough.

The bigger issue is that a cramp in the leg you patch up in matter of seconds, but esophagus spasms can last for hours. And sometimes it can feel like you have had a spasm for days. Its just one big spasm!
Can you imagine that, having a cramp in the leg for a couple of days? Or even months? Would you need painkillers, or do you think you are strong enough, so that you don't need any?


1 comment:

  1. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa can help with sore throat, coughs, hoarseness, and loss of voice.
    But I don't think it will help that much against esophagus spasms.
    But I have used it before when I have a sore throat.
    hugs Alex

    ReplyDelete