Timeline

MY TIMELINE: CLICK ON ICON BELOW TO OPEN (and close).

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2 school?

I have such big hopes for the new year. I want to go back to school, and to actually take an exam.
The last 2 years, I have read, and been to all the lectures, unless I was in the hospital.
I used to be able to read a week before an exam, and pass, but that was before all the medication that makes it hard to concentrate and to read.
Last time I was in the hospital, I actually wrote a paper, and I passed. And if I am not hospitalized when I have the exams, I know I can do this. I just have to find the fighter in me, and bring her out.

I am a dermatologist, but I had to give that up very early. How many finds their profession when they are 14? I did. But because of my health I couldn't continue. So at the age of 23 I had to give that up and find a new one.
I had to think about a profession where i could walk, stand and sit. I have to change position every hour because of my back. And as a teacher I can do some of my work at home, or in the weekends. So I can still have bad days without affecting my work. I also needed to have a job where I could work with people, So the teaching profession would be perfect for me.

Again I am sitting here. I have a few more diagnoses, and in some way I should probably give up and become disabled. But I don't want that. I wish for a "full" life. And we do spent one third of life on the job, so our work matters a hole lot.
Why Am I in this world, if its not to make a difference?


2 comments:

  1. happy new year, i hope you will get back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do I :) and a happy new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete