Timeline

MY TIMELINE: CLICK ON ICON BELOW TO OPEN (and close).

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2 Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)!

As I have written before my journey started with me getting Gastroesophageal reflux disease. (GERD)
I had gotten it because I had taken Votaren over to many years.First my doctor put me on Zantac(active substances: Ranitidin), but it didn't have any effect and on this point I had lost 8 kilo.
  I got a gastroscopy and they could see that I had GERD. They put me on Somac (active substances: Pantoprazol) at first, but it had no effect so I switch over to Nexium (active substances: Esomeprazole) and i took 40 mg x 2 at night. It had some effect, but I had to stay on a strict diet for it to work.

So then I had a esophageal ph monitoring, which showed that I had GERD, and a manometry, who showed that I had inflammation in the esophagus, and that i would be a good candidate for the nissen fundoplication.
I was very happy to get rid of the proton pump inhibitors , and the strict diet, and on November the 9 i walked into the hospital, not knowing that what I was about to go through, would be far worse than what I had already been through. Sometimes the medication is the lesses evil!


2 comments:

  1. HELLO
    I wish you a happy new year. I am imponere over this side. So much you have to share of you own experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and a happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete