Timeline

MY TIMELINE: CLICK ON ICON BELOW TO OPEN (and close).

Thursday, December 30, 2010

3 Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)!

As I have written before my journey started with me getting Gastroesophageal reflux disease. (GERD)
I had gotten it because I had taken Votaren over to many years.First my doctor put me on Zantac(active substances: Ranitidin), but it didn't have any effect and on this point I had lost 8 kilo.
  I got a gastroscopy and they could see that I had GERD. They put me on Somac (active substances: Pantoprazol) at first, but it had no effect so I switch over to Nexium (active substances: Esomeprazole) and i took 40 mg x 2 at night. It had some effect, but I had to stay on a strict diet for it to work.

So then I had a esophageal ph monitoring, which showed that I had GERD, and a manometry, who showed that I had inflammation in the esophagus, and that i would be a good candidate for the nissen fundoplication.
I was very happy to get rid of the proton pump inhibitors , and the strict diet, and on November the 9 i walked into the hospital, not knowing that what I was about to go through, would be far worse than what I had already been through. Sometimes the medication is the lesses evil!


3 comments:

  1. HELLO
    I wish you a happy new year. I am imponere over this side. So much you have to share of you own experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and a happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. suhagra force Tablet is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of premature ejaculation in adult men. It increases blood flow to the penis to help men get an erection. In rare cases, you may experience irregular heartbeat, blood pressure, muscle pain, eye irritation, and skin rashes.

    ReplyDelete